200hr Yoga Teacher Training (YTT)
MOVE+breathe’s 200 hour teacher training is designed for aspiring yoga teachers and/or yogis seeking to deepen their practice and knowledge of yoga. Our teacher training program is rooted in the fundamentals of asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, anatomy and human movement. Through our training you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the deeper studies of yoga and human movement. Our program will prepare you to teach intelligently sequenced, safe, and well-rounded classes to a variety of students.
BONUS: Athletes and Special Populations…Working with athletes is a passion of Lauren’s and she will share with you the importance of recovery and how it impacts athletic performance. Learn the specifics of offering yoga and recovery practices to individual and team sport athletes including the opportunity to observe/assist Lauren during a live class. Even if athletes aren’t your specialty you can apply these principles to any population.
Within a community environment, you will be supported as you discover your own unique gifts as a teacher and learn how to deliver them with confidence and clarity. You will be encouraged and supported to step into your own power and discover your authentic voice as you share the essence of yoga. The journey of becoming a yoga teacher is one of transformation and self-discovery. It requires a dedicated practice, ongoing studentship, open mind and heart.
- Be familiar with general principles of yoga history and philosophy
- Have a deeper understanding of human anatomy as it applies to teaching yoga
- Teach basic principles of alignment with confidence and clarity
- Design intelligently sequenced classes for a variety of special populations
- Teach breath awareness techniques
- Lead guided relaxations & meditations
- Teach a gentle/restorative practice
- Teach to special populations, i.e. yoga for athletes, seniors
- “Read” a student’s body and make proper adjustments
- Understand classroom ethics and professionalism
- Understand pertinent aspects of the business of yoga – insurance needs for teachers, yoga alliance requirements and marketing and networking basics
Frequently Asked Questions
Interested in being on our Waitlist? Reach out.
What is the tuition?
- Investment: $2900 includes course manual and 10 class package to yoga classes at MOVE+breathe. $300 deposit is required with application. Final payment is due by 8/15/22. Deposit is refundable if we decide the training is not appropriate for you at this time otherwise all training fees are non-refundable. Pay with cash/check and receive an additional $100 off the cost of training. Payment plans can be arranged.
What credentials do I earn?
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) 200. Upon graduation you will be able to apply to be a Registered Yoga Alliance yoga teacher. You will be able to teach at yoga studios, offices, gyms, or set up your own private business to teach to students at a beginner and beyond level.
What will the program do for me?
- Prepare you to teach yoga full time or supplement your income by teaching. Our goal is to make sure you feel ready and confident to teach private and group yoga classes. Overall, this program helps you achieve a more wholesome and holistic way of living, whether you choose to teach or not.
How do I apply?
- Contact Lauren at email@example.com, and she will forward you the application. Turn in the application along with your $300 application fee. This fee is applied towards your total tuition.
- I am so thankful I completed my yoga teacher training (YTT) through Breathe Yoga Atlanta (BYA) under the guidance of the amazing Lauren Reese, M.S., E-RYT. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our training. Lauren is so incredibly knowledgeable about anatomy, physiology, human movement, and current scientific research in the yoga field. YTT through BYA provided us (the teacher trainees) with foundational knowledge in so many areas (e.g. anatomy, the Chakra system, Ayurveda, class sequencing, how to provide effective cues, teaching yoga to athletes, business of yoga, etc.), and provided many resources for further discovery in each area. Lauren provided a safe space for us new teachers to learn, grow, bond, and connect. In addition to time at the studio, Lauren provided so many other wonderful experiences to learn more about yoga and human movement (e.g. a weekend retreat at the lake, observing yoga for athlete sessions, group hiking, discussion, learning from other experts, etc.). If you are interested in becoming a yoga teacher and/or learning more about yoga to deepen your own practice, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this teacher training. – Jackie
- My YTT experience was one of the most beautiful and transformative journeys I have walked through (for this, skipped joyfully through) in my lifetime. Granted I was only 17 years old when we began our training in August, I was a bit nervous to step outside my comfort zone, having never even been in a true yoga studio for more than one class and knowing I would most likely be the youngest YTT. It did not take long for Lauren’s leadership and loud love to make a new space to me feel like home, to make a unknown group of women feel like a sisterhood, or as I like to say “my fun yoga aunts.” I tell anybody that will listen that I learned more about myself, my ability to learn, an inner drive to teach and serve others, and a deeper appreciation for my movement and body, than I had in many years of school. Breathe, Lauren Reese specifically but everyone there, made that gift a true reality; I am forever grateful. – Cambri
- If you are thinking about becoming a yoga teacher and have found Breathe Yoga teacher training, go for it! Breathe’s YTT has exceeded my expectations as a program and personal learning experience and has also allowed me to soar above my own expectations for myself. Lauren creates a community setting that enables each student to build on her own strengths, be challenged with love and discipline to grow and to learn by doing. Perfection is not the goal, but progress is, and it comes in all styles, including yours! This has been the best thing I have done for myself in ages, and thanks to Lauren and the other amazing teachers and fellow students at Breathe, I am ready to share my yoga with others and keep the love going. Namaste! – Carrie
- Lauren Reese, E-RYT 200, FMS and Certified Yoga Tune Up® Teacher, is co-owner of Breathe Yoga Atlanta. Lauren is a yoga teacher, lead teacher trainer, yoga and mobility coach, and performance recovery specialist. Lauren has been involved in group fitness for over 19 years. She started with teaching aerobics, weight training classes, and triathalons. After several injuries, Lauren found herself in pain. Frustrated – because even though she was “fit” her body was always hurting – she turned to yoga to find strength and healing for her injuries. Yoga not only helped her feel better physically, but yoga also taught her the importance of balance, both literally and figuratively.
- Lauren’s classes are powerful yet playful and encouraging. Her creative sequencing mirrors her lighthearted personality, and each class is a new experience. Lauren’s goal is to help her students find balance for their bodies and their sport and life. She uses yoga, breathing techniques, corrective exercises and self-myofascial release to help athletes with mobility and recovery. Her goal is to help her athletes reduce recovery time, eliminate pain in their bodies and improve performance. She finds her passion in working with athletes (both privately and with sports teams). Lauren is a lululemon ambassador and a prAna featured yogi on REI’s Yoga for Athletes Live Tour.
- She offers private sessions for individuals, group classes with sports teams, and with college and professional athletes.
- Lauren’s Certifications Include:
- Registered Yoga Teacher 200 Hour Lifted Heart Yoga
- Certified Sage Yoga for Athletes Teacher (one of only 33 in the country)
- Certified Yoga Tune Up® Teacher
- Certified Roll Model Method® Teacher
- Certified Functional Movement Systems
- Certified Grounded Kids Yoga
- Certified Yoga Fit