- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon good quality olive oil
- 1 bag fresh riced cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (I love the multicolored Wild Wonders)
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2-3 tablespoons pickled red onion (optional)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing, add lemon to a small bowl, whisk in olive oil while constantly stirring, add salt and pepper to taste.
Next, in a large bowl add chopped kale and a pinch of salt. Take 1 teaspoon olive oil into your hands, massage the kale. (DO NOT underestimate the importance of this step. Massaging the kale helps to tenderize it and make it easier to chew and digest.)
Next add the riced cauliflower, tomatoes, and cucumber. Toss to combine and add dressing. Top with feta and pickled red onion. Enjoy!
We love this with quinoa and grilled chicken. We also eat it with fresh salmon.